Pelvic Floor Therapy
Now offered at our Brockton Office!
We comprehensively evaluate and treat the female pelvic floor and offer individual treatment programs for:
- Urinary Incontinence
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Vulvar Pain
- Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome
Symptoms of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction may be:
- Feelings that you can't complete a bowel movement or that you need to have several bowel movements within a short period of time
- Constipation or straining during bowel movement
- Frequent urination or urgency to urinate
- Pain while urinating or having a bowel movement
- Pain during intercourse
- Unexplained pain in your pelvic regions, rectum, or genitals
- Bladder or bowel leakage
Causes of these conditions may be:
- Pregnancy or childbirth
- Poor posture
- Past surgeries
- Exercises to identify and strengthen the pelvic floor muscles.
- Relaxation techniques: Therapy and self-care techniques like yoga, exercises, and heat can help relax the pelvic floor muscles.
- Biofeedback: A non-painful and non-surgical technique to help patients improve muscle coordination. Biofeedback training has shown improvement in up to 70% of patients in recent studies.
- Soft tissue mobilization and myofascial release to address muscle imbalances.
- Medication: Sometimes a low-dose muscle relaxant can help ease the pelvic floor muscles.
- Education on diet, nutrition, and behavior changes that can help improve symptoms.
Call our Brockton office to book an appointment or with any questions!